308 A.C. – Village Foundation by the Celts.
1st Century – Obidos is conquered by the Romans.
5th – 6th Century – Romans followed up the Visigoths.
8th Century- The Moors occupied the village.
1148-11 de Janeiro – D. Afonso Henriques takes Obidos the Moors (municipal holiday).
1195 – Probable charter of donation to Obidos.
1210 – Alfonso II donates the village to his wife, D.Urraca.
1246 – By keeping fidelity to D.Sancho II, Obidos ensures the title “Mui noble and always loyal” that still holds today.
1282 – D. Dinis and Queen Santa Isabel pass wedding night in Óbidos. With the donation of the village, as a wedding gift, this becomes an integral part of the dowry of all Portuguese Queens until 1834.
1422 – In the town of Obidos, King John I makes the change from the era of Caesar to the era of Christ.
1441 – On August 15 marries the Prince Afonso (later King Afonso V) with Isabel. The groom was ten years old and the bride eight.
1491 – The Queen D. Leonor, wife of King João II, moves to Obidos after her sons death, Infante Afonso.
1498 – Leonor founded Mercy of Obidos.
1513 – D. Manuel donates the new Obidos charter.
1527 – King John III establishes a class of Mathematics and one of Theology.
1684 – On July 22 dies the painter Josefa d’Obidos.
1755 – Obidos is damaged by the earthquake.
1808 – From Obidos are fired the first shots that began the Battle of Roliça, during the French invasions, where Napoleon suffered his first loss of the Peninsular War.
1834 – Extinction of the House of Queens.
1900/1910 – King D.Carlos hunting used to hunt in the lagoon, with Priest Antonio Almeida, chaplain of the Lord of the Stone Church.
1910/1950 -Restoration of the wall
1973 – takes place in Obidos one of the Captains Movement meetings held at the Headquarters of Recreational Musical Society Óbidos, which triggered the revolution April 25, 1974.
1994 – Archaeological excavations of a Roman city identified as Eburobrittium
Courtesy of www.Obidos.pt
Comments are closed.